1. Spent more time on my health.
- I wish I had gone to the gym more. I wish I had healthy eating habits. But, better late than never!. I am trying to eat clean and, work out as often as possible
2. Spent more time figuring out my career path.
- I wish I knew what I wanted to do for a career. I have jumped from one path to another, and I “think” I know what I want to do now but still I am still undecided. Maybe go into Auditing or something in Data Analytics. I do not have to be tied to one thing. My career is fluid, as long as I am still learning, I am okay.
3. Spent more time reading.
- I wish I can read more. I usually start a book, and can not finish it. But I think I know why. I like visuals. I can watch a “how to” video on YouTube, for an 1 hour, and won’t be bored.
4. Learned a 3rd language.
- I wish I spent more time learning Spanish. I took 2 courses in Spanish during college, and I still can not construct a sentence. Me espanol es malo. I googled it!
5. Took on coding.
- I wish I knew coding. I would like to develop an app one day
6. Asked more questions about my family history.
- You know those questions that only your grandparents know answers too…yeah those ones, I wish I had asked my grandmother those questions.
7. Paid more attention to what makes me happy and what I WANT.
- I always put everyone’s happiness before mine. Always putting others first; on what they think, or what they want. But I have learnt to put my wants and happiness first. It is still a process though. I have not mastered it yet!
What are some of the things you wish you knew before you turned 30? or 20? or 40? I know I missed some…
Also, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for fun photos of me and my family @sarahlodien